Username: Password:

Author Topic: Saved cars/Garages  (Read 481 times)

Offline will1565

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Saved cars/Garages
« on: September 18, 2013, 07:52:17 PM »
Hello All,

Wanna start by saying, loving GTA5 so far but can somebody explain how the garages work.  If i steal a car spend X amount of $s doing it up put it in a garage, leave then come back later and use it and it blows up.  Has that car gone forever or will it be waiting for me when i return the garage.  I assumed my game has glitched as it wasnt there.

Regards

Will.

Offline MrYoungGun

• Free(Death)-for-all
  • Liked: 172
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Saved cars/Garages
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 08:40:03 PM »
There seems to be a lot of confusion about this, from what ivd read at gtaf the game seems to have a glitch in the garages. Ive had cars stay in thd garage and others disappear when i return to retrieve them. Bottom line, invest in a car at your own risk.

I have never lost a vehicle placed in a garage at the characters safe house(s), maybe store your favorite there.

Offline Llama

• Vexatious Litigant
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1323
  • Grossly Incandescent
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:47:44 PM »
The only cars I see come back are the default ones. So not totally sure.

Offline will1565

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 05:10:36 AM »
I really hope this is something they have over looked as if custom cars car disappear that easily or don't respawn at the garage you last saved it at, i'm sorry but the customization portion of this game is pointless.  This means you can literally only spend money on a car, take it for a spin round the block and put it back in the garage else its lost forever... Im sorry this is GTA 5.  I want to be able to spend £100000 on pimping up a low rider then drive it off mt chilliad just for the shits n giggles, then come back to my garage and hey presto there she is again.  Is this too much to ask?

Offline aFinn

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 8004
  • Awards Best moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 05:24:18 AM »
I don't know about blowing it up, but if you leave your garaged car somewhere, it will be eventually impounded and you can get it back by paying a fee.

There was some mention about being able to take an insurance on your car, but I think that was for multiplayer?

Offline CrazyFeckenDrunk

• Drink up!
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 449
  • Psn- Hadeskiller666
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 10:05:34 AM »
I have multiple cars Iv collected so far that I keep in the garage but I know multiplayer will have the insurance, but perhaps you have to unlock it for single player perhaps?

Offline unres

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 10:03:45 PM »
First of all. You sould be able to get the custom cars back from the impound lot.

In my experience you can get it there if you loose the car. Then you have to drive it back to the garage and then you can "lose" it again.

If you quick save in a custom car you lose it forever, that is not the case with "stolen" cars.

I think is a lot of bugs here or it is very weird game mechanics.

Offline error062479

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 08:06:24 PM »
I realize that there is some bugs to be worked out, and maybe thats part of what im seeing, but im still finding the car save mechanic very confusing to figure out how its supposed to work (if it was working properly).

1)   I steal a car and park it in the grove street garage.  I come back later, take it out and it ends up exploding in game. Is it supposed to respawn in the garage after a given amount of time?
2)   I steal a car, and take it to LS customs. I have it painted. Then I park it in the Grove street garage. I then take it out and it ends up exploding in game. Is it supposed to respawn in the garage after a given amount of time?
3)   How does it work with both of these scenarios if I abandon the vehicle and it doesn’t blow up. Will it respawn in the garage, or always back to the impound?

Does the above change if I PURCHASE the car on line and have it delivered? What happens in the above scenarios then?
Thanks for any helpful answers. I did some experimenting today, and it seems like if you blow up a car, purchased or not, its gone for good. If you customize a car and then abandon it, its gone as well. I realize this may be part of the “bug”, but I’m wondering how it’s SUPPOSED to work.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
Buying Garages?

Started by MrMagic

2 Replies
Last post September 20, 2013, 09:39:12 PM
by MrYoungGun
xx
I saved over my 100% save :'(

Started by PresidentTylerDurden

23 Replies
Last post June 09, 2010, 08:54:11 AM
by Nastas
xx
What do you do once you have saved all towns?

Started by KazzieB

4 Replies
Last post December 01, 2010, 06:59:47 AM
by chowhound
xx
Backing up your saved game

Started by Squiz Ninja

12 Replies
Last post October 25, 2010, 06:06:19 PM
by Ronsin